Can I use Google calendar with the calendar plugin?
Yes, you can display the events from a Google calendar inside your Roundcube calendar. Due to Google restrictions, the events will be read-only.
To enable this functionality you need to get the Google calendar API key and put it in the calendar config file. Follow these steps:
1. Go to https://console.developers.google.com
2. Create a new project.
3. Add Google Calendar API to the project.
4. Go to 'Credentials' on the sidebar > Create credential > API key. Copy the key to the clipboard.
5. Edit the Roundcube calendar config file (<roundcube>/plugins/xcalendar/config.inc.php) and find this line:
$config['xcalendar_google_calendar_key'] = "";
Paste the API key inside the quotations and save the file. (If the config.inc.php file doesn't exist, please check the calendar installation instructions.)
Now your Google calendar support is enabled. To add a Google calendar follow these steps:
1. Navigate to Google calendar: https://calendar.google.com, click on the menu next to the calendar you'd like to use and select 'Settings and sharing'.
2. Scroll down to 'Access permissions' and check 'Make available to public'. Without this step, you will get an error in Roundcube.
3. Scroll down to 'Integrate calendar' and copy the Calendar ID to clipboard. (For the main calendar, the ID will be the same as the Google email address; the additional calendars will have other unique IDs.)
4. In Roundcube, click on the plus button on the sidebar, select 'Add Google calendar,' paste the calendar ID in the 'Google calendar ID' field and click Save.
The events from the Google calendar should now be visible in the Roundcube calendar grid.